Get excited for the Australian Open!
For the best accessible experience download the Ticketmaster App, login and enable Location Services
Before you arrive
Companion Card Holders
As this booking contains a Companion Card ticket, please ensure that you bring along your Companion Card for verification to gain entry.
Accessible parking is available for $20 and must be booked through Ticketmaster at the time of booking tickets.
Bookings can be made by:
Phone 1300 308 999
On-site parking is limited, so accessibility patrons are advised to book early.
Accessibility car passes are issued to those that have pre-booked parking. These passes must be displayed on the dashboard or hanging from rear view mirror of the vehicle requiring access for parking.
Accessibility Pick-Up and Drop-Off Zone
If you’re coming by taxi or ride share, the pick-up and drop-off zone is available on Olympic Boulevard outside Melbourne Arena. Please be mindful that a time limit applies in this area and will be enforced.
Accessible Public Transport
Trams on routes 11, 19, 96 and 109 are usually low floor, but sometimes high-floor trams are used in special cases. Some trams on routes 5, 6, 16, 48, 58, 72 and 86 are low floor.
To find out if the next tram at your stop will be a low-floor tram, look for the wheelchair symbol on tramTRACKER®.
Low-floor trams have allocated spaces for passengers using wheelchairs or mobility aids. The area is marked with a wheelchair symbol on the floor. Doors nearest to the allocated space are marked with a wheelchair symbol on the outside of the tram.
High-floor trams have steps. They are unsuitable for some mobility aids, including wheelchairs, scooters and motorised vehicles.
Five low floor trams will provide a shuttle service between Flinders Street West and Melbourne Arena (formerly Hicense Arena) during week one of the Australian Open.
Four low floor trams will provide a shuttle service between Flinders Street West and Melbourne Arena during week two of the Australian Open.
The service will operate approximately every 10 minutes during the following hours:
- Monday 20 January to Saturday 25 January and Monday 27 January from 8:45am to 1:15am
- Sunday 26 January from 11am to 1:15am
- Tuesday 28 January to Thursday 30 January from 9:15am to 1:15am
- Friday 31 January from 2pm to 1:15am
- Saturday 1 February from 2pm to 1:15am
- Sunday 2 February from 2pm am to 1:30am
Accessible platform stops are located at the following locations:
- Stop 1 in Flinders Street at Spencer Street
- Stop 2 in Flinders Street at King Street
- Stop 3 in Flinders Street at Market Street
- Stop 4 in Flinders Street at Elizabeth Street
- Stop 5 in Flinders Street at Swanston Street
- Stop 6 in Flinders Street at Russell Street
- Stop 7A William Barak Bridge
- Stop 7B Rod Laver Arena
- Stop 7C Melbourne Arena
- Stop 122 Southern Cross Station, Collins St
- Stop D6 Flinders Street West
Service and Guide dogs are permitted entry to the Grounds and the Show Courts and will need to remain with their owner without blocking evacuation routes.
There are no 'spending areas' inside the Grounds.
Once you have arrived
Accessible toilets are located in all main arenas and around the grounds.
- Rod Laver Arena – located beside arena door 3, 13 and 16. A Changing Places facility is located on ground level between doors 6 and 7.
- Margaret Court Arena – adjacent to Doors 6, 9, 16 and 19.
- Melbourne Arena – located on all level at all four corners of the venue.
- A Changing Places facility is located on the ground level, next to Information. This toilet offers a height adjustable adult-sized changing bench, tracking hoist system, adequate space for an accessible patron and up to two carers.
- Hearing augmentation is available within Rod Laver, Margaret Court and Melbourne Arenas.
- Scoreboards providing visual displays of the matches in progress on Arenas and Show Courts.
Where do I go?
Entry into Show Court viewing bays is via the following:
- Melbourne Arena – Lifts 1, 2, 3 and 4
- 1573 Arena – Gate 17 and 20
- Court 3 – Gate 2 and 4
- Accessible Viewing Positions are located on the following outdoor courts: Courts 7-15, 19 & 22
Download the full venue accessibility map here