Sometimes the event organisers will ask us to use Credit Card Entry, to make sure as many genuine fans as possible get the chance to book and attend the event. Please remember that this means no paper tickets will be sent in the post.
How does it work?
When you book for a show, the card you use to pay will then act as your tickets to get you in on the night. It's all very clever – our scanning system, will recognise the credit card you made your purchase with, so on the night they just swipe your card, check it against your ID to make sure you are who you say you are, then you're in. No paper tickets through the post and no going to the box office to pick your tickets up.
One thing to remember – your whole group will need to arrive together. As the cardholder, you're the important one! Your guests will need to arrive with you to get in.
Virtual credit cards won't work as there's nothing to scan on the night – you'll need to use a physical card that you can take along with you.
Can I authorise someone else to use my tickets?
You can't – Credit Card Entry ticketing is designed to stop tickets from being passed on or resold, so this would make it too easy for resellers to get round the system. Please only buy tickets if you’re sure you're definitely going to the event. If your circumstances can change quite quickly, maybe you should leave it up to someone else in the group to book the tickets.
We will try to help where we can though – we know that things can come up, so if your circumstances do change, please get in touch with our customer service team and we’ll do our best to assist.
I have purchased tickets for someone else. What if I go to the entrance with them and swipe my card – can they go in without me?
This isn't allowed – you, as the cardholder, actually have to go into the venue, watch the show and have a good time. If your friends, family, or kids ask you to book tickets for them and it's a Credit Card Entry event, they'll have to make the booking on their own card if they want to go without you being there.
Don't forget, we accept Visa / Mastercard debit cards as well as credit cards, so under 18s can still make a booking.
Can I transfer my order onto another card?
We can only ever transfer onto another card if the one you booked with has been cancelled, lost or stolen. It would still have to be in your name and address, so we can't transfer onto someone else's card.
Can I buy Credit Card Entry Tickets with a Ticketmaster Gift Card or Virtual Credit Card?
No. Sorry – You need to use a credit card or a Visa / Mastercard Debit Card in order to purchase Credit Card Entry tickets.
What do I need to take with me on the night?
- Confirmation of booking.
- The credit/debit card used to buy the tickets.
- Government issued photo ID – that's a drivers’ license / Proof of Age Card or Passport.
What if I don't have a drivers’ license Proof of Age Card or Passport?
It's going to be really strict on the night, so you will need some state issued photo ID. If you can't provide the right ID, you might not get in – and we can't refund unless the event actually gets cancelled. To avoid problems, if you don't have any photo ID, it's best to get someone else in your group to order the tickets.
Will I get any paper tickets before the show?
No, sorry! If it's a Credit Card Entry event, just bring yourself, your card, photo ID and your reference number.
What if my friends won't be there until later?
The whole group does need to go in together. If your friends are late and you go in without them, they won't get in.
What if my card that I purchased my tickets with is lost or stolen?
If you have Credit Card Entry tickets and your card is lost or stolen contact our customer service team with the following information:
- You’ll need to send us a copy of your credit card billing statement showing only the last four digits of your card.
- The name address on the statement must match the name address on your order.
- Include a phone number with the best time to call.
- We’ll call you back to make the change.
If your event is happening in the next 72 hours – or you prefer to handle this in person – just take your ID, purchase confirmation and copy of your credit card billing statement to the venue box office on the day of your event. Please note that box offices typically open one hour before the event, so be sure to arrive early.
What if the credit card I used expires before the event?
Just bring the old card, or the replacement card with the same credit card number and updated expiry. If you destroyed your old card and your new one has a different number please contact customer service.
What if I forget to bring the credit card I used to purchase?
Oh no! Go straight to the box office for help.
I used a card I share with my spouse – can they get in without me?
As long as they’re an authorised card user as listed on the card. They’ll need to have a card with the exact same credit card number issued and their name on it. Just make sure your other half brings the card and photo ID.
Credit Card Entry - Terms and Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions below carefully before you proceed to booking: by continuing to the booking page you are agreeing to all the terms set out below.
Please remember that no paper tickets will be sent in the post.
Events have a strict ticket limit which is strictly enforced. This limit will be detailed on the event page.
Terms and conditions;
- We reserve the right to cancel any ticket purchase made by any person whom we reasonably believe to be associated with any ticket broker or tout.
- No paper tickets will be mailed out. To enter the venue, each purchaser and any person accompanying them to the show must be present at the venue on the night of the show. There are no exceptions to this.
- Each purchaser must provide the actual credit/debit card used for the purchase along with valid photographic ID (Passport, Proof of Age Card or Drivers’ Licence) in order to enter the event. The name on your photo ID must match the name on the credit/debit card used for the ticket purchase, otherwise you will be refused entry to the event. The cardholder must be present at the time of entry into the event and must be attending the event.
- The original conditions of sale will be enforced. These tickets are non-transferable under any circumstances and any transfer, or attempted transfer, will invalidate the ticket purchase.
- Ticket Forward does not apply to Credit Card Entry ticketing.
- Credit Card Entry Tickets cannot be resold on resale.ticketmaster.com.au.
All ticket purchases are subject to the standard terms and conditions and Purchase Policy of Ticketmaster Limited, as well as these terms and conditions. In the event of any inconsistency, these terms and conditions will apply.
We are doing our best to keep the tickets for this event out of the hands of secondary ticket sellers and in the hands of the fans so please help us by adhering to the above.