HAMILTON will begin performances at the Sydney Lyric Theatre from Wednesday 17 March 2021.
We anticipate great demand for tickets once they go on-sale. Several measures have been put in place to ensure access to tickets is fair and equitable.
WHEN DO TICKETS GO ON-SALE?
Tickets go on pre-sale from Monday, 24 August 2020, with general public on-sale on Tuesday, 1 September 2020. To access tickets during the pre-sale period and stay up to date with all HAMILTON Australia announcements, we recommend that you join the waitlist by signing up at hamiltonmusical.com.au.
The only authorised ticket seller for HAMILTON tickets at the Sydney Lyric Theatre is Ticketmaster, as well as travel package partners.
Please be aware the Sydney Lyric Theatre has no obligation to honour tickets purchased via unauthorised re-sellers, as these may be invalid tickets. If you attend with a ticket purchased via an unauthorised re-seller such as Viagogo, eBay, Gumtree or otherwise, you may be refused entry.
Following the Government’s direction on social distancing, the Sydney Lyric and its box office are currently closed. All bookings for HAMILTON tickets will be through Ticketmaster.com.au.
HOW MUCH WILL TICKETS COST?
Ticket prices for HAMILTON vary by performance, seat location, and during peak periods such as public and school holidays. Prices are subject to change but will generally range between $70 to $250* AUD (not including venue packages) on ticketmaster.com.au.
* An additional Ticketmaster Transaction fee of $9.20 per booking applies.
WILL THERE BE A TICKET LOTTERY?
There will be a lottery for a limited number of $10 seats on all performances of HAMILTON. Details on entry requirements will be provided closer to the start of the season.
HOW MANY TICKETS CAN I BUY?
There is an 8 ticket limit per household. All orders will be reviewed for duplicate accounts, bots, or other means being used to circumvent the 8 ticket limit. Fraudulent ticket orders may be cancelled without notice.
Why the limit? The ticket limit is in place to allow as many people as possible the opportunity to purchase tickets for HAMILTON. All transactions online or in-person that are detected to be bot purchases, patrons creating duplicate accounts in order to purchase more than 8 tickets, or any action that indicates a purchase in excess of the 8 ticket limit may be cancelled without consideration.
WHAT IF I WANT TO ACCESS GROUP SALES AND BOOK MORE THAN 8 TICKETS?
Groups of 10 or more can purchase tickets through Ticketmaster Groups.
For more information on groups, please email Ticketmaster Groups Department at email@example.com
CAN I GET A REFUND OR EXCHANGE MY TICKETS FOR ANOTHER DATE ONCE I PURCHASE MY TICKETS?
As with all ticket purchases, we recommend that you check/confirm dates and times of the performance you intend to purchase before completing the checkout on Ticketmaster.
There are no refunds or exchanges on tickets once they are purchased if you change your mind or for personal reasons.
WHAT HAPPENS IF TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS ARE IN PLACE OR I AM UNABLE TO ATTEND DUE TO COVID-19?
Maintaining a safe and healthy environment for audiences, cast and the venue is of paramount importance.
- If you are unwell, with any Covid-19 symptoms, contact Ticketmaster here prior to your performance by Midday (for an evening performance) & 10am (for a matinee performance) at the latest and we will work with you to exchange your tickets for a future performance (subject to ticket availability and into a performance at least 14 days after the day of cancellation).
- If you booked your tickets and are an interstate or international traveller and are unable to attend the performance due to travel restrictions, contact Ticketmaster here no later than a week before your performance and we will work with you to exchange your tickets for a future performance (subject to availability). If borders shut suddenly within 7 days of your performance, we will also work with you to exchange your tickets for a future performance (subject to availability).
- Exchanges are subject to availability at the time of exchange and must be of equal value of the original ticket(s) purchased. If you wish to exchange to a higher priced ticket(s), you will be asked to pay the difference in ticket price.
- In those cases, if after following the above processes we are unable to facilitate an exchange for another performance, a refund will be offered.
- No exchanges or refunds can be provided after the deadlines listed above or after a performance date unless required by applicable law.
- Please note: We can only assist those who purchased their HAMILTON tickets on Ticketmaster Australia, the authorised ticket seller for the Sydney Lyric Theatre, or through approved travel package partners. If you purchased tickets through any other avenue, please contact the seller directly to learn more about their refund and exchange policy.
WILL THE THEATRE HAVE COVID-SAFE PROTOCOLS IN PLACE?
The Sydney Lyric Theatre will operate in accordance with its Covid Safe Plan with the goal of ensuring that your experience at the theatre is made as safe as reasonably possible. The Covid Safe Plan applicable at the time of your visit will be made available on the theatre’s website.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY TICKETS?
If you selected mobile ticket delivery, tickets will be delivered via My Account on the Ticketmaster website and available to you from 72 hours prior to the performance.
If you selected venue collection for your tickets, they will be available on the day of the performance only. Tickets must be collected and personally signed for by the credit card holder who is the only person authorised to collect tickets. For identification purposes, the credit card holder must present personal ID, the credit card which was used when purchasing the tickets, and the account confirmation number at time of collection.
There will be no outlet sales or tickets posted for this event.
WHAT IF I DO NOT RECEIVE MY TICKETS 72 HOURS BEFORE THE PERFORMANCE?
If you cannot find or do not receive your mobile tickets (from 72 hours before the performance only), we recommend the following:
- Log into your online Ticketmaster.com.au account to access your mobile tickets and double-check to ensure all details are correct.
- Contact Ticketmaster Customer Service for further information.
Lost or replacement tickets can only be obtained at the venue box office prior to the performance and will only be issued to the original ticket purchaser/Ticketmaster account holder upon showing valid id.
WHY ARE THERE TICKETS ONLINE THAT ARE TWICE AS EXPENSIVE AS YOUR LISTED TICKET PRICES?
If you search HAMILTON, you will likely find many re-sale sites advertising HAMILTON tickets at prices higher than those on our official site. Be aware of what website you are on before you make any purchase.
Ticketmaster.com.au is the authorised ticket seller for HAMILTON at the Sydney Lyric Theatre.
In NSW it is illegal to resell a ticket for more than 10% of the face value of the ticket. Please be aware the Sydney Lyric Theatre has no obligation to honour tickets purchased via unauthorised re-sellers, as these may be invalid tickets. If you attend with a ticket purchased via an unauthorised re-seller such as Viagogo, eBay, Gumtree, or otherwise, you may be refused entry.
WHAT IF A PERFORMANCE IS SOLD OUT?
We anticipate demand will be high for HAMILTON tickets and recommend that customers book early for best availability. If the performance you wish to attend is sold out, we recommend the following:
- Look further into the season for other performances.
- Saturday matinees and evenings and Sunday matinees will be the performances that are highest in demand, so consider attending a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Sunday evening performance.
- Continue to check back on sold-out performances in the event additional seats get released.
- Make sure you are signed up to the waitlist to receive information on presales to get early access to new ticket blocks if they become available.
IS THE SYDNEY LYRIC THEATRE AN ACCESSIBLE VENUE & HOW DO I BOOK WHEELCHAIR/COMPANION CARD BOOKINGS?
Once tickets go on sale, to make a wheelchair or companion card booking or have questions about venue accessibility, please contact the Sydney Lyric Theatre: https://sydneylyric.com.au/contact-us.aspx
Please note that companion card tickets can only be collected at the box office from 1 hour prior to the performance booked. The companion must present the companion card provided when booking before tickets can be handed to the patron.
WILL THERE BE SIGNED OR AUDIO DESCRIBED PERFORMANCES DURING THE RUN?
Yes. There are currently plans underway to include AUSLAN signed performances and audio described performances of HAMILTON. Performance dates and booking details will be forthcoming.
WHAT IS A LYRIC DELUXE SEAT?
Lyric Deluxe tickets are sold in pairs and provide an upgrade to your in theatre experience with:
- Two great seats show tickets (Premium or A Reserve as chosen)
- A souvenir show program
- Two glasses of Veuve Clicquot (or other bar selection)
- Two Choc Top Ice Creams
- Luxury chocolate selection
- Express package collection from our VIP Lyric Deluxe collection counter before the show
The Lyric Deluxe package is designed to be shared between two people.
WHAT IS THE SEATING LAYOUT OR STAGE VIEW?
You can find the seating layout and stage views on the Sydney Lyric Theatre website https://www.sydneylyric.com.au/seating-plan.aspx which includes virtual tour links for the Stalls, Dress Circle, and Grand Circle of the theatre.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS THE RUNNING TIME FOR HAMILTON?
Running time is approx. 2 hours and 50 minutes, this includes a 20-minute intermission.
IS THERE AN AGE RECOMMENDATION?
HAMILTON contains some strong language and is appropriate for ages 8+.
HOW LONG IS HAMILTON SCHEDULED TO RUN IN SYDNEY?
Please check Ticketmaster.com.au for the current dates of performances on sale.
Join the revolution and sign up on the home page to ensure you receive up-to-date information on HAMILTON including additional performance pre-sales and ticket releases.
WILL I BE ADMITTED INTO THE PERFORMANCE IF I ARRIVE LATE TO THE PERFORMANCE?
We recommend arriving at least 45 minutes prior to the show start time noted on your ticket.
Once the performance starts latecomers will be seated at the discretion of management at a suitable break in the performance.
Entry to and exit from the theatre may be different from your last visit in response to the physical distancing recommendations of NSW Health, so it is a good idea to come to the theatre at least 30 minutes prior to the show start time.
WHERE IS THE SYDNEY LYRIC THEATRE?
The Sydney Lyric Theatre is located at 55 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont NSW 2009, and is accessible through The Star complex. For information on how to get to the Sydney Lyric, please click here: https://www.sydneylyric.com.au/visit/
For more information on the venue’s service and amenities, as well as its policies, please visit the venue’s website here: www.sydneylyric.com.au/