If you aren’t familiar with Smart Queue, it is Ticketmaster’s way of creating a clear and fair process for thousands of fans to buy tickets in a short space of time. Fans enter the virtual Waiting Room prior to onsale time before joining the Smart Queue – which acts as a ‘virtual line’, helping us protect you and your tickets in a more effective way.
The time you join the Waiting Room does not determine your place in the Smart Queue, so we recommend joining at least 10 minutes prior to the event going on sale but there is no need to rush.
When the sale begins, the Smart Queue will open and everyone in the Waiting Room is given a place in line. Those who did not join the Waiting Room will be placed at the end of the line.
- Sign in to your Ticketmaster account at least 10 minutes before joining the Waiting Room. This will speed up your purchase later.
- Confirm you have a valid form of payment in your account with current email and billing information. This will make checkout a breeze.
- Resist the urge to refresh. Your page will automatically refresh when you enter the Smart Queue.
- Keep an eye on the time! When it’s your turn, your spot will be held for 10 minutes to begin shopping.
- Just like before, tickets are always based on availability, demand, and are not guaranteed.
For more Australia Open 2022 FAQs please click here